Friday, April 29, 2011

The 'Opulence of Transformation

So it's been almost 3 months since my last blog...I have totally been neglecting it.. despite my goals that stated that I would blog 3 times per month..however I believe in the principle of starting over as many times as possible until you get it right...Now that that's out of the way..

HEYYYYYYY Folks! Lots has been going on in my world. Lots of change, transformation, transition. And the beat is surely going on in all of those areas in my life. I've never had this much peace about such an unstable time in my life...when I say unstable I mean that nothing is concrete at all..God has turned my life upside down in the best way, so I'm still tumbling in the dryer of life..lol..but I know that my outcome is going to bring warmth, peace, and a beautiful covering over area of my life, so I'm fine with the instability. Happiness is a prisoner to circumstances, but these days I choose JOY. Everyday I choose to love beyond my comfort zone, and listen to the voice of God regarding what I say to others, and my selftalk. We can totally get in trouble because of what we say to others and ourselves. I also find that I choose to pay attention to the people I hold dear more. I find myself looking for opportunities to encourage, listen, and and just be more in tune. We never know sometimes what a kind word or a "hey, you alright?" can mean to someone. I don't think as much about how often I am the one reaching out or am I keeping tally of who's doing the most in my relationships. I just am finding that my true authentic self loves to love people and just be there for them. I totally gain strength from that. It literally makes my day when I know I've made a friend smile or encouraged them in some way..So I'm feeding that part of me.

Since my last blog I have a new church home. This week while just reflecting over life the past year...I realized that I have a lot of growing up to do as a Christian.. I have been saved since I was 9 and have confessed possessing God's spirit in me since 13 and at 28 I can unequivocally say that I have so much growing to do in the Lord!!! A faithless Christian is not much of a Christian at all, and I know I've lived in fear 85% of my life. So sad, but so true. My pastors make me confront my fears everyday of my life with the word that they teach when I attend church on Sundays. They make me want to be driven to demand and command respect in every area of my life. To never allow myself to feel inferior. To pursue life with passion and authority... and never apologize for it. These are all things that people have to consistently practice in our lives. They make me forget what I look like or have on when I walk through the doors and completely focus on receiving, so that I can give out as much as possible while I'm here on this Earth. I've said enough for this blog..lol..there's more to come..and I look forward to sharing my journey with you all! Much love and success to you!

Kya :-)

No comments: