Saturday, June 4, 2011

Moments of truth

Well Folks, last month was quite a month and as I have rolled into June (my bday month :) I find myself more grateful than ever....I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude for life and all that it has brought my way. YUP! With every trial and failure there has emerged beautiful lessons, blessings, relationships, epiphanies, and MOMENTS OF TRUTH! I tweeted this week that I'm turning 29 this month and I've never felt more beautiful..in our society we tend to be viewed as at our "peak" in terms of outward beauty right around our early-mid twenties. Well I've surpassed those years :-) and I am able to see my physical, spiritual, and intellectual beauty all wrapped up together at the tender age of 29. I see it in a way that I wasnt able to in the past. I no longer question why it took so long to get that FULL picture..I just embrace it now that the RIGHT perspective is here. There is much more work to do, but let's just say I'm all the way straight on the that subject now! :-)

I was talking with my mother last night and I think we both came to a few "moment of truths" about our lives separately and as they have overlapped over time. The most precious gift that someone can give to themself is "self-awarness". That's always where the real HEART work and self-examination begins. I'm grateful for the little moments of truth that I experience daily. God speaks in those moments, it's a place of positive brokenness. THIS is what God delights in! Love you all! Let's let big and small moments of truth invade our lives!

Kya :)

1 comment:

TruSoulDJ said...

Very nice. Sounds like you and your mom have a great relationship.